RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU is really starting to suck
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 04:15 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: RCU is really starting to suck

ORIGINAL: RCKen

I know that these issues are very frustrating, and believe me when I say that I am suffering through them as well. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm in Toledo for the show and I had a meeting with staff from IB over dinner tonight. While I'm not at liberty to put out all the details I can tell you that relief is coming. The budget has been approved and it's in the works to upgrade RCU to modern and stable software package. IB is hard at working moving RCU to VBulletin. And the nice thing about that is that IB OWNS the VBulletin software package, so nobody is better set to get us up and running on this new platform. The hard part is that because of the size of RCU and what is involved in running this site, moving us to new software isn't something that happens overnight. It is taking a lot of time to properly plan and implement this migration. I have seen the timeframe for the migration and unfortunately it's not something that I can put out quite yet. But I can say that it's going to happen and RCU will be better than it ever was after the move.

I just ask that everybody please hang on with us for a bit longer as we get this move made.

Ken
I appreciate the info. I wonder if RCU would consider putting up a post in more visible place. Like a sticky at the top of all the threads like is done on occasional adds.
Like Robert, I have made a few friends here and would hate to leave. Besides the alternative site doesn't really do it for me. But at the same time to state the obvious a nonfunctioning or intermittent site is not very useful either.