RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 AM
jkr_1100
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: FNQFLYER

Old Fart, the detonation thing you talk about does happen with new engines and sometimes with rebuilds. What you have to remember is that tese figures are ''snuck up on''. That is the engines are moved up in the performance band ''gently'' and we follow a very strict procedure (mostly factory) to get there. We have a number of props that we know will deliver X rpms under given conditions and that is what we aim for. I some times look at the test box and wonder how much is tied up in props, spinners and nuts and various exhaust bits. A good forinstance was my 65, wasn't ''run in properly'' and would not tolerate the 16x8 that my mates was easily using. It constantly backfired and spat props. It ran in the contest (Texaco) very happily with a 14x7 Taipan. After we ran it at home base to put presertative through it it handled the 16x8 with no worries at all. All it took was another 15 minutes of running
Re Coota, it is a ''one off'' being run as a substitute event for the Nationals in October THIS YEAR.. There will be a contigent of WA flyers attending Canowindra next Easter. Maybe you should look them up they are a good crew, we like them cause we can still beat them
Catch Ya.

Is this right? a 16X8 on a saito 65. I was running a 16X6 on a Saito 1.25. I would love to see a video of that prop/engine combo running. Chug Chug Wow.