RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2M Monolog Build
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 AM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2M Monolog Build

I didn't mean to abandon the thread... However, life does happen... I will be getting back on the build, but not sure I will make the D4/D5 Shootout at this point. I will ifI can get the Monolog ready and I have flown a couple times. I'll start back on the Monolog tomorrow none-the-less.

Here is a pic... Nobody was injured. I had2nd degree burns on my fingers from the airbag deployment, but they are fine and I didn't go to the hospital. They were not blistered till way later that evening, but I didn't feel the need to get medical attention and kept a close eye on them. It could have been much worse. I believe the difference of life was just a matter of a 1/2 second or less. The car behind in the pic is all the damage they received, plus the body panel damage as it scrapped the side to the rear passenger door. He changed his right front tire and was able to drive away. He drove through the front end. If he was a little later or I a little earlier, game over ifmy driver door was the impact site.

I was very lucky and I do ride a motorcycle. I'm very careful whenI drive. Yep, I looked both ways many times...spookey actually. My first thought after I got out and realized I'm still alive and uninjured was, If I was on my bike???..., then it went to, if that guy was on a bike...???

Be careful driving my friends... You are never as safe as you think you are... I'm just glad both drivers walked away... Many will drive 1,000s of miles this year attending contests... My hope is you will see this picture and it prevents somebody having a similar experience, or worse...

GOD BLESS

LD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49748.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1879078