RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Dust Kit
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
scotty302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diamond Dust Kit

Just came across this thread and they can definitely be constructed for alot cheaper and much stronger than what is supplied in the kit, built 2 of them this way. Used 5 ply 1/8" birch and carbon 3/16" kite tubes with Easton carbon arrow shafts for the main structure, shaped aileron stock medium to hard balsa to make sure there wasn't any flutter. I used an OS 40 vrp motor in mine till i wore it out and no replacement parts, a Jett 50 would pull it around like a homesick angel. I'm working on converting mine over to electric and hope to get the same results. Just purchased a combo motor setup for the Zephyr II - 500W motor and a 65amp speed control for a start to see if it even comes close, then move up to a 4400watt 750 align motor with a 100 amp speed control. As long as it is well built, 200+ mph flights are possible on a consistent basis. With the installation of an EZosd with the gps, this should give exact speed alot more accurately than someone trying to follow it with a radar gun.