RCU Forums - View Single Post - DSM2 lockout?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DSM2 lockout?

ORIGINAL: Aerocal

I see an awful lot of the same kind of things. Ppl claiming lockout/brownout or whatever the claim happens to be.This is true across all brands. More so lately it is from brands other then Spektrum.
The first thing to get blamed is the radio system itself.The last thing to get blamed is the user. Ive generally fouind that 99.9 some% of the time it is user error by not setTing up the system correctly.
I have the sneaky suspicion that the huge percentage of failures before we even had 2.4 systems was user error but the ''I got hit'' or ''I had a lockout'' was the simple scapegoat and the true cause of many issues is never even investigated further.
There will always be these kinds of reports.The majority of users simply plug a bunch of stuff in and assume its all going to work flawlessly.When it doesnt they blame the one thing they have no control over.
I personally havent had these issues with Spektrum nor did I have the constant ''lockouts'' when I was using 72 before going to 2.4. I take an engineered approach to setups over the Plug and Pray method.
Its worked very well for me.Lately it seems Im teaching this concept to many users. Most just happen to be using other than Spektrum and have been through several brands and the same problems persist.
They have finally reluctantly admitted to themselves they might be a big part of the problem and are willing to learn basic electrical theory and proper setup.
When I hear ''I had a lockout or brownout or something'' its obvious there is no basic understanding of how the system works.
Brownout and Lockout are 2 completely different directions like Left and Right or Up and Down.If you cant distinguish between the 2 its time to go back to school.
For goodness sake, Aerocal, don't try to interrupt this thread with logic. How can these lockout/brownout crash stories continue if you keep bringing facts into the discussion.