RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread

ORIGINAL: Starkweather

I'm at work so this will be quick....torque twist while it is still there (obviously considering the driveline) it doesn't seem nearly as pronounced as all the videos I've seen of the TXT-1 over the years. The truck almost feels like a 1/8 basher truck with how the suspension feels. It's only going to get better, as I plan on throwing 200 bucks out the window on the Tamiya TXT-2 resevoir dampers pretty soon. I'm going to pick up another servo as soon as I get time to hit up my lhs, front wheel only steering is twice as bad as a stock cc-01...at speed thats a goog thing but I'm used to controlling myself on a 4ws setup so I'll feel better once it's in.

Oh and stupid me, I forgot the lipo cutoff. The battery tray was designed for a square shaped lipo, there's two ways to build it in fact. My 2s packs fit like a glove. I have a feeling the teu-106bk will handle a 2s without a sweat. I'll throw up the rest of the build picks later tonight as well as more once the body is complete. Then some youtube vids this weekend.

EXTREMELY happy with this truck, it's going to be a lot of run stomping around my yard this summer

What's next....Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE? Or the XV-01T? Decisions decisions......
Just saw Tamiya's video of it in action. It definitely has less torque roll than the txt-1. No doubt due to the standard setup and 8 shocks.

4ws would definitely be a plus. How is your hs645 working out with those massive tires? I know some people are using large scale servos, but I haven't had any trouble with my hs5645.

ORIGINAL: Starkweather

Thanks man. It isnt perfect but running it looks awesome. The directions dont say to use the preload spacers but you really should. Lost a spring retainer in the yard. Luckily these retainers are almost universal among tamiyas so i had extras. Suspension feels really good for flyin around the grass. Used a 2s lipo on the 106bk and it and the motors barely felt warm after a good 20 minutes up and down hills in grass. Picked up a low voltage alarm so i guess lipos are okay. I really am in love with this thing. The scale realism, at least imo, is probably at the top of the list. Look at a pic of a recent bigfoot truck and youll see what i mean. Specifically bigfoot 18. Still waiting on the cooling fans. I doubt they are necessary but screw it. I mean theres 2 mounts for them right there, and they might increase the life of the motors. Or sound cool when you turn it on.
Yeah, fans definitely aren't necessary stock, but it's a neat touch.
Today is actually the first time I've seen a pic of bigfoot 18. I can see where Tamiya got it's styling from.