RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident
Old 05-18-2013, 03:11 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU member and jet modeler in a serious accident

Over 5,000 death here in the US last year from motorcycle accidents alone.  Helmets aren't going to save you.  They might keep your brains from spilling out on the street but you are going to suffer a closed head injury which a helmet complicates as it did a friend and police officer here that was in pursuit regarding a traffic violation.  He got creamed by an oncoming car.  They couldn't get his damned helmet off because his head had swollen instantaneously.  He died at the scene.

I saw a biker broadside a car pulling out of a parking lot at 45 mph.  His body pushed the center post half way into the vehicle.  He was nothing but body fluids on the inside of that car. 

A man in rush hour two years ago on my way home in the right lane on s curve was crowded by someone in a hurry to get home.  All he did was lay his bike down to avoid being side swiped.  As he did he slid curbside and straddled a fire hydrant.  Spilt him plumb in two.

None of those gentleman were saved by helmets and I bet if you could ask them about riding motorcylces, we probably all know what they would say. 

"Organ Donors"  EXACTLY!

I've had motorcycles.  It doesn't matter whose fault it is. You're still just as dead and somewhere a family tries to put life back together because you opted to travel unprotected. 

This man is lucky to have survived.  Damned lucky!