RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread

ORIGINAL: Starkweather

As far as the servo, i'm sure its fine. The stock servo saver isnt up to the task. Im gonna throw the kimbrough on here in a few minutes and see how that works. If the hitec 645 works well on yours then i imagine with a better ss i will be in good shape. I thought about a quarter scale servo bc tamiya actually designed both trucks to run them. Im rather ignorant when it comes to electrnicz.... Should probably do some research, but would a big servo like that draw too much power?
Did it come with a saver adapter for hitec? I started out using the futaba adapter, but although it does fit, it was a bit too loose and it stripped out. I upgraded mine to one made for an Associated monster gt. Works good.

I would definitely get an external BEC if you want to run 1/4 scale servos. You may be ok with one, but two would be a lot to sak from the reciever BEC. Reciever BEC's generally handle about 3 amps. The large scale servos I've been able to find the specs on draw around 1 amp running without any load. I would think current under load should be about 1.5-2.5 amps. Stall current is about 5 amps. There isn't a whole lot of info out there on the amperage draw of large scale servos. The specs I found were from several different servos.