RCU Forums - View Single Post - a few questions following the MINARE's maiden flight
Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Taurus Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: a few questions following the MINARE's maiden flight

Paul,

For all vertical paths, nose up! we need full power, see the picture as an example. Even the short moments, and often starting to accelerate in the horizontal flight path.
Also horizontal, for example slow roll, inverted etc.

8 oz tank seems to be normal, important is the distance from the spraybar of the carb to the bottom of the tank in vertical, nose up, flight path? For my Taurus, Webra 40 Black Head the distance is less than 20 cm = 8 inch
Bladder tank will be difficult, I am not experienced with it but because the throttle is so important I think that's the reason these never were popular.
The tank pressure has to be related to the power of the engine, high RPM, much power, higher tank pressure. Idle, low pressure.
For this reason the connection between muffler and tank has to be of low drag so the tank can equalise fast enough with muffler pressure.

Next explanation can be a pump or regulator, but I think you have to try first without, the learn curve! Pumps and regulators can give problems too!

What is the diameter of the throat of the carb, the barrel bore?

Cees
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47601.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1886079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94035.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1886080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51515.jpg
Views:	23