RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is this really necessary?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:14 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this really necessary?

ORIGINAL: jefflangton

When I see a topic like this it makes me realize how lucky I am to have access to private land!!! Most clubs are mostly idiots anyway. I go to fly, if I wanted to be bothered by a dumbass I'd go to walmart.

This hobby for older guys especially is more about the comarodery than the flying. Also many clubs have a large investment in years and money in their flying site and one JACK ***** can screw that all up. We have flown on a private air port form the early 80's and the land was sold to a developer about 10 years ago. long story short the developer went bankrupt and the original owner didn't want the land back. The guy that had rented the crop land on the air port ended up buying it and was going to plow the airport under.
He had a son that was in a wheel chair since 11 and we had gotten him a plane AMA and life member ship in our club, made sure if he wanted to fly there was someone there to help him ... That jester Saved our Field and managed to keep the full scale guys flying also. U can never under estimate the value of good deeds can be to an R/C club and visversa the harm just one person can inflict with just one stupid act.
Just a note the 11 year old in the wheel chair is know 24 and still flies with us.