RCU Forums - View Single Post - Did you fly today?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 AM
nervousheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did you fly today?

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

ORIGINAL: nervousheli

I had given a sacrifice to the HELI GODS today. Yep, one of my 450s. It seems winter time is set for us down here. The winds are just not playing nicely. I was flying to low, tried to do a flip, and a wind gust just blown my 450 heli, like it was nothin. Bam! Straight to the ground.

Damage Report:

Tail boom
1 knighthead bar
Tail blade
Tail servo
HK450 DFC blade grip.
CF pushrod
etc. almost a write off.

I still got another 450, but I don't think I want to sacrifice another. I think I'm done flying, until either I get a bigger heli. Or I just sim it out through out the winter time, like a big grumpy grizzly bear. A 500/550e is definitely on my wish list. That's definitely on the cards.

I hope everyone else is going ok and getting some air time. []
Sorry to hear of your woes. Damages sound fairly expensive. My suggestion is to sim out over the winter, and watch the auctions, you might just get lucky.
Hugj over in the 450 thread (the other Georgia brother) has a very nice HK 550 that is too big for his style of flying and has mentioned that he will sell it. The price he mentioned is steap, but a whole lot less than assembling one from scratch.
B

That's kool. He lives far from me. So postage would be extra. I'm thinking of getting this one it's local I think?? . Everything is all included, except the fbl gyro. I got several beast gyro clones. They will do. I'd really prefer if it came as a belt driven tail. Gotta keep looking, I just need to save for something like this, and for the expensive lipos(TP).

http://www.wattsuprc.com.au/goods.php?id=1727