RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is this really necessary?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 AM
P47Tbolt
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this really necessary?

ORIGINAL: PACKERBACKER

I recently moved to attend college & intended to continue flying so I don't get out of practice. I found a local group of modelers & went through some formalities but now they want me to fly with an instructor for 2 weeks to verify that I'm a safe pilot. I'm 22, been in the hobby for 5 going on 6 years & have flown everything from a giant scale Yak to a Piper Cub. I informed them that I was experienced & listed what I've owned & flown, yet they still at the end said I'd have to go through this process. Are there AMA regulations about this? There is a strip nearby that is seasonally used by cropdusters...does this affect anything? I don't know that I'll give up on this club but I am a bit resentful that my experience isn't credible.

Does the club supply an airplane with a buddy system or does the club want you to fly your planes with the instructor?
what is going to happen if the club wants you to use your planes with an instructor assistance and he takes over at one time and
crashes your plane.I think one flight on a club supplied plane with buddy box to show you can basically fly,then you fly 2-3 flights with your
plane while the instructor only observes with no buddy box.Then as long as all goes well you should be able to join the club.
2 weeks is ridiculous when you know you can fly and know you can demonstate it.just my 2 cents