RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is this really necessary?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this really necessary?

I can't stand these clubs run by a bunch of old guys who exercise their own rules just to assert themselves as the management & keep the young guys underneath, telling them what to do & how to do it. Our generation learns faster & we're generally better pilots. Get used to it! If we crash it's our own time & money wasted, not theirs so why the ____ do they care.
I agree with you to an extent , my club is great its run like a golf course, fun and stress free no club meeting to waste your time, or hear people complain or come up with unnecessary rules, the rules are standard AMA rules, basic rules are no flying over the flight line and no planes in the viewing/guest area and you get a combo to the gate and you come as you please 24/7 and safety is #1, be responsible. We have 2 safety officers that give you a quick run down of the club ama rules and if you need help its there. Anyone who has been flying for more than a year can tell within 5min if you know what your doing. If you like over bearing rules, excessive power abuse , and constant heckling from people in the pits and Monday morning quarterbacking from know it alls, then our/my club is not for you. Too many clubs get carried away with excessive and exaggerated rules and regulations under the guise of safety and become overly complicated. Just my humble opinion from experience the K.I.S.S method should be remembered. Keep It Simple Stupid=dumb proofing it for all.