RCU Forums - View Single Post - Muncie 2013
Thread: Muncie 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 AM
broodwa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muncie 2013

"Did three drops today, two of them were tangles. The chute I got from R/C Skydive S.A flies great but I seem to have difficulties in getting it packed correctly."

Hi Gary, contact me on [email protected] I can forward you the packing instructions if you do not have it. Also on what diver are you using the chute, is it Frank's diver or a "MIKE"? Either way it should work with them!!

Packing might not be the major cause as I have found our chutes to be very forgiving on packing errors and the working slider sorts most of the issues during deployment!! Tangles are very rare with our chutes and divers. When they do occur it is usually caused by an unstable deployment caused by the diver being "spun" into free fall by excessive prop wash from the plane. Mostly due to a pilot unfamiliar with the procedure of dropping divers!!

We usually give the diver a good 7 seconds to get stable by itself if we see it spinning away from the plane. Our normal procedure is we throttle back on the drop plane to idle and let the speed and prop wash bleed off by giving a small amount of up elevator and then release the diver. This way you get a nice stable "exit" and a perfect freefall.

Other than that I'm glad you like the chutes performance!!

Please feel free to ask if I can be of assistance!!

Whish I could come to states one year to enjoy your rally's but with our exchange rate it wont happen anytime soon!![]

See the link below of how quickly it can recover from a spinning deployment!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUsJFSwfrgU