RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lost passion for flying, now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost passion for flying, now what?

I agree with "don't get rid of your stuff"!! If you do, sometimes the cost of re-entry is enough to keep folks out when the bug bites again. If you've got room for it, store it. I also agree that a good flying buddy is everything. It really helps to have someone to knock around with and motivate you to finish a build, help you tune an engine, listen to you gripe about your "better half" or whatever. Maybe try out one of those cheap, coaxial helicopters you could fly in your yard, or build one of the lightweightindestructiblefoamies you can find online. Or like mentioned, just take some time off. It's *really* hard to get rid of the bug once you've got it, even when the bug lies dormant for long periods of time.

And RCPaul..... I feel ya brother. I haven't really flown in over a year because I take care of my mother who is 86 years old with Alzheimer's. As she progressed, I had less and less time for modeling and now have no time for it at all. Sometimes I go in the shop and just fondle through my engine cabinet, charge some batteries just for the heck of it, or whatever. I can't really work on a "project" because I get interrupted repeatedly all day long every day and I get rousted from my sleep all night long every night. RCG & RCU are basically the only things that maintain my sanity at all.