RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Nelitz 1/3 Scale J-3 Short Kit build
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Nelitz 1/3 Scale J-3 Short Kit build

I've got a Nelitz cub in the beginning stages of construction. The fuselage is framed up and straight as a string. The rudder is built and hinged according to the plans. It's ready to add the forward plywood section. The steel cage for the upper cockpit area is complete. It too is straight and very well built. I also have a laser cut wing kit that is still in the packages that they came in. And, a fiberglass cowl that is uncut, unblemished, except for the fact that it is probably original 1980's!! There is a full set of plans that I got from Larry pierce here on this site. Guys, I really wanted to finish this plane, but I just don't see it happening. So, before I post it for sale anywhere else, I wanted to let you know. I've enjoyed reading and following all the building and know that I could finish it with "a little help from my friends". But, I'm trying to retire soon and I'm trying to be content with what I have. I'm going to post it for $300 plus shipping. But for the guys that I have enjoyed spending so much E-time (did I just make up a new term??) with, I'll accept the fist offer over $175.
Thanks again,
Steve