RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to RC
Thread: New to RC
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:27 AM
imjustbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to RC

A friend of mine recently got into it and has me thinking of taking the plunge. I've ran his some, he has a 1/16 red cat I believe and a 1/10 of another brand and it is clear I'm a 1/10 guy. So I read lots of forums posts, here and others. I watched MANY videos, reviews and just running videos. My friend has open wheel (Stadium versions?) but I'm leaning to the Slash. Seeing as neither of us has a bunch of RC experience I figured I'd check here before I buy though.

From what I can tell the Slash is durable, a big plus for me. The 4WD would work well in the driveway and yard which is my primary running place. It has enough speed for me if I want yet has the "training" 50% setting also. I'm not looking to race at all and keeping up with the Jones doesn't get to me. I just want a durable, fun RC that I won't get bored of like the have with the toy style ones I've had.

Price wise, well I'm not rich and I'm married so... lol. The durability of the Slash is a huge selling point with the wife. My big question is if I'm not going to be TOO hard on it (I'm not looking to get huge air, but yea smaller jumps are in mind) can I get the standard 4wd Slash or will I be disappointed? Paying $300-350 or maybe a bit more is OK, but not spending another $100 on broken parts the next day. I understand things break. I am just trying to hedge my bet a bit without overkill on my first RC.

Oh, if one of you read this and clearly see the slash isn't what I should go with say so. I'm leaning to it, I haven't bought it obviously. Again, just ripping and running around the yard, driveway and such primarily. No racing circuit. Sorry this is drawn out, just trying to be sure before I buy.

I had posted this on Traxxas forums also just wanted to get another opinion also away from the company's site I'm looking at