RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tri Village R/Cers Pattern Contest, June 29-30, 2013
Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri Village R/Cers Pattern Contest, June 29-30, 2013

Hi all!

I figured I'd start a thread for the upcoming Hoffman Estates contest next weekend as I haven't seen any chatter about it either on here or on the NSRCA mailing list. After finally getting out and flying some to make the determination that I wouldn't totally embarrass myself, I feel that I would be comfortable making a return to pattern competition after a nearly four-year layoff. I'm very excited and fired up about flying pattern again, and looking forward to a great contest. I'll be attempting to fly Masters with the Oxai Splendor (with the all-new E-flite Power 180 brushless outrunner for power) that Quqiue is graciously loaning me this year. The launch of this motor has been pretty quiet, but I am looking forward to getting some people's reactions to it. Quique was the major driving force behind the design and it's a pretty incredible piece of machinery. I will see if I can snag an extra one for people to be able to examine, but I think it is a great value at $299.99 MAP compared to some of the other options out there in the market.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4180A

Now that I'm done with my little speal, who will be in attendance, and what will you be flying? Will there be power out at the field? Is there any sort of pre-registration?

This will be my first contest (other than a few NATS many moons ago) out of my home district of D2, but I have spectated at the St. Charles, Illinois contest last year and really enjoyed watching as D5 has a stellar group of flyers and gentlemen and I'm looking forward to actually being a participant now. I am hoping to drag a friend from North Carolina up to fly with me as well who has defected to IMAC as of late, but has started getting the pattern bug back.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

Best regards,

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38085.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1892963