RCU Forums - View Single Post - SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

ORIGINAL: BUZZINCADMAN

Okay guys, I have a big problem here. I have a new Hirobo SDX –SWM with a 120 ° setup and the head is misaligned with the swashplate. If you look down from above and line the front ball joints up on the swashplate the flybar is skewed to the right about 8°. Two other experienced builder/pilots have confirmed that I have it assembled per manual. Either Hirobo has sent me some wrong parts or something is machined wrong here. (I can tell you, flying it like this has been a real interesting experience) Unlike the sceadu, there is no adjustment to the washout assembly because the pins go directly into the head. The only easy solution I can see is adding spacers behind the washout control arm to pull the radius arm outward. I would need approximately 1/8” width of spacers and longer bolts. Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is a different radius arm that does not reach is as far inward but still fit the radius control arms? Opinions?

Thanks!
After doing a bit of digging I notice there is two washout bases for the SDX part no - 0414-466 for the SSZ-IV head, and part no - 0412-302 for the FZ-V head.The 466 part may well just be an upgrade, but I think it's worth looking in to.