RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18 opinion
Thread: DX18 opinion
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX18 opinion

Hi, The DX18 is very versatile and very easy to use, feels good to hold, runs for hours on one charge and is cheap. Down side is despite using DMS2 and DMSX since the day it came over thousands of flights and not a single problem that could not be accounted for. Now with the DX18 in just three months and with some of the same airframes I had three lockouts or should I say erratic prolonged "glitches" on three different airframes all out of my control with no fail safe and three complete loses of airframes all with the same symptoms ending up costing thousands. I am now back with JR equipment since January and have flown virtually every weekend, again not a single problem. Horizon have brilliant after sale backup and replaced the TX FOC and gave me a FOC Rx but with no explanation, I could not bring myself to use it. Draw your own conclusions. Perhaps some DX18 work and some don't but I am not the first to suffer lock outs with the DX18. I sincerely hope yours is a good one. Sorry Spektrum, I've been a fan since day one but this one let me down big time