RCU Forums - View Single Post - *RedCat Racing Tornado EPX Thread*
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
redcatyodafan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *RedCat Racing Tornado EPX Thread*

I love all 3 of my redcats (caldera, volcano, tornado) but I am having an issue with the front hub carriers on my tornado epx pro . I broke one of the rear hub carriers (slammed into a curb at about 40mph) andI went with the aluminum hop ups to replace it and the remaining 3 carriers as well as the front C hubs. Everything is installed and looking good but i noticed the top screw on the front hubs are really important to not have too tight or too loose so the servo doesnt work too hard. Just having a hard time finding that happy medium i guess. if its too tight you cant turn or the servo wont center, too loose and the wheels have tons of slop and steering is terrible. Any suggestions? Tappered screws or washers maybe? I've been thinking maybe i need to back out the bottom screw a little bit and drive the top one down more so the hub carrier is more centered between the screws within the C-hub? i would still think i'd be battling with either slop or tightness in this case too though. Maybe it is due to using HSP hop ups instead of genuine redcat parts to upgrade? At a loss here guys, wondering if its just something i always need to keep dialed in after/during every pack. Thanks for the help fellow redcat enthusiasts