RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESC regulated with mechanical potentiometer?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:04 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ESC regulated with mechanical potentiometer?

Pluss one on that forum....

I've got a 2 seater jeep looking thing, twitch the twin motor setup.... It's a blast.

I once converted it to 4wd with 4 motors and gearboxes, but was way to hard for the kits to steer. So it's now 2wd...

I found discharge rates don't really matter. mine for example has a auto resetting fues in line with the motor, to protect it from overloading.

Most ride on cars will take 18v with no problems, 3s lipo will be ok but nothing that crazy.
Mine is running 2x 12v led acid batteries from a old starter box, with a switch that changes the wiring from series to parallel.

It's pretty crazy on 24v... to much for my younger boys, but my 8yo daughter loves it.

Ps, u can get "servo testers "from eBay for under $5...

I've dreamed of the same idea u have. Using a brushless combo but on 6s
U could use a existing servo tester connected to the ESC for the throttle.
Then to get it working, physically block the POT switch so it can't go in reverse, ie half it's rang of motion.
Then set up 2 relays and a switch on the motor wires that reverses the polarity.... Then u have reverse again.
Not to get the pedal working with the POT switch.
I thought a rack and pinion setup with a return spring would work a treat. Fit the rack to the pedal and a pinion directly to the POT switch.