RCU Forums - View Single Post - Real Flight RC Plane Simulator
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Real Flight RC Plane Simulator

Funny how two people can disagree more on this subject. While I respect your opinion, I find that the sim gives me so much more time on the sticks that it has to make me a better pilot than I would be if it did not exist. I have learned rolling circles, pyro flips and any number of timing maneuvers on the sim. I guess that I do not notice the lack of depth perception that you call out. If the major airlines, DOD pilots and private pilots use simulators, I am glad to join their ranks. It is possible to use the 3D modes of the graphics cards and goggles to see in 3D, but I rarely use it. My depth perception must be different than yours.

More than anything, I don't think some people has the right computer equipment to enjoy the full experience. It is costly, but worth it in my opinion. As I said, I do respect your opinion not to use this tool.

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69
I have RealFlight 6.5 and frankly, I don't really see much use for it beyond teaching orientation and deft stick control. I have never had to trim ANY plane in the sim and the lack of depth perception really is a hindrance to any sim. Like stated before, sims do not teach you to fly an RC plane. Yes, they can be useful for the things I mentioned, but beyond that they are pretty limited. Don't fall for the false sense of accomplishment that sims give.