RCU Forums - View Single Post - JMA SCULTHORPE - OCTOBER 5/6
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
Default RE: JMA SCULTHORPE - OCTOBER 5/6

I just want to add a note of my appreciation of what Roger, Jamie, Dave and Dick do for us, they really deserve the hefty fees we (dont) pay them !! Thanks guys.

To the whingers who DON'T like the flying fees we HAVE to pay to get access to these facilities, let's have your alternative proposals and your offer to do some of the unpaid admin.

Be grateful, too, that we even HAVE these facilities at all. In Australia we had just two jet meetings per year, Wangarrata, a 10 hour drive from Sydney, and Temora, a 6 hour drive. My local club field, a90 Minute drive from home was a short grass strip, just long enough for aBobCat. We are very fortunate in the UK, enjoy it while you can, it may not last.

The world has changed from the days of free access to RAF airfields, the station commanders no longer "own" their airfields, they just run them. The bean counters at MOD have taken over and we have to live with that, or not, as you choose.

So, if you think flying is too expensive, try another hobby, perhaps not golf when you see the charges at some clubs, makes our flying costs look dirt cheap.

David Gladwin