RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lemon brand receiver
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lemon brand receiver

ORIGINAL: Ed_Moorman

I did a range check and got a very long range. I haven't flown it yet.

Hey, Karol, I don't know if the Chinese know our alternate definition of ''lemon.'' It looks like a copy of the Orange receiver without the case. I imagine they just went with the next citrus fruit. They could have gone with green or blue for a different color from orange. Of course, a green rx could be a lime rx.

Hey, I used to buy things and report on them for R/C Report.

Who remembers when Futaba radios were called MRC radios?

How about when Thunder Tiger made the Magnum engines for Hobby Shack, now Hobby People?

Ed,

I remember MRC/Tamiya radios being available at the same time when Futaba radios were already out. I was stationed at Edwards AFB in 1978 and remember those both being available but I don't think they were the same company. In fact, my first "new" radio was a Futaba 6 channel AM set, used that radio for over 10 years before I used my 7FGK.

I also remember when World Engines marketed ASP engines which I believe are the predecessor of Magnum engines or at least the name marketed here in the U.S. by Hobby People today. Overseas I believe ASP is still available. I have two ASP .75 2 strokes nib that are/were pretty powerful in their day.

Anyway, that's how I remember it, but it's been a long time. Regards,