RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM BF-110C ZERSTORER 95" TWIN
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:11 AM
rcwarbirdbuilder
My Feedback: (104)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM BF-110C ZERSTORER 95

You know, I don't mind if the airplane weighed more if there was truth in the advertised weight. I would have bought bigger engines to start, but now I have one 20cc left I have on ebay to sell, and I bought two more larger 26cc engines, lot of money to go through that i should have not had to...
As it turned out I got a good flight yesterday with the 26cc engines installed and the weight CG set at 5 inches behind the L.E.
The next problem I just can't beleive how everything seems to be going to sh et. with some of these retailers selling this stuff,,, ( I got the two 26cc RCG engines from Hobby king, I had a lot of problem getting them to run about the same power curve.. One of the guys told me that the two engines are different, sure enough the two engines have different cylinder head castings with the spark plug holes on the opposite sides.. i had not noticed because I was so into getting the engines installed and trying to fly this airplane.)
The plane flys great a high throtle and at mid range it is a near disaster since the RPM is way off on the two engines. Looks like I well fly it like this because I am not sinking any more money into this project.
Another thing I noticed is that the gell coat on the fiberglass fuselage is very brittle, cracks and peeling seems to come from no where, i know I well need to reinforce these spots with fiberglass from the fuse inside and do the outside with filler and spot paint. Wish i could get my money back on this whole project. I am going to look into customer disatisfaction clause in my MC card purchase agreement.