RCU Forums - View Single Post - Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this

I have nothing but great results from TBM. I purchased a F-7F tigercat with the V2.5 retracts 2 years ago. Well I didnt build the plane yet as I am gathering all the good stuff for it. I really wanted the Seirra gear for it. I called TBM and talked to them about my gear. I found out there is two different TBM locations as I was transfered to another build across town or something. Anyway after talking to them they said they would refund my money for the V2.5 gear or send out the V3 upgrade at no cost. I thought this was very good of them.
I started my conversation in a nice way and built a bit of repore with them. I think this helped.

As with all bad stories on here are we hearing both sides of the story? I have learned that if I call up someone and demand a replacement they will fall back to their policys and I dont get anywhere. If I calmly talk to them and discuss the situation I found they are willing to replace something at no charge.

I will still use TBM. One thing I dont like about TBM though is the movement to the foam electric stuff. there is such a large mark up on the foam electric stuff with huge profits I can see why they would switch but TBM and chief are the main suppliers of the larger gas engines and planes, now electric stuff.