RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Motor OMA-5025-375 .
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: OS Motor OMA-5025-375 .

Thanks guys for all your advice.

As i said i don't have a lot of experience with electrics so any help is appreciated. With the E flite 60, 470kv not available yet, i am just looking for something to get the plane flying and then maybe switching to the E flite when available.

That's why i initially considered the OS. Looking at the OS specs the weight is about right and it seems to have enough power with the right prop size and i like the bolt on prop adaptor for a model of this size. I have been flying pattern for a long time, so trialing and selecting the appropriate prop goes with the territory. I have no problem with trying props that are not on the manufacturers list either.
OS say the APC 16x10E gives 1966W, so maybe a 17x8 or 18x8, depending on prop clearance, maybe the go. This is working on IC theory but i assume electric is different which would explain previous recommendations of the 16x10 or 16x12.

Is it that the KV is lower than the e flite, a higher pitch prop is needed to get the thrust?

I posted on here because i haven't been able to find any reviews as to how this motor actually performs in the real world. I've found some bits and pieces of info, but nothing substantial. The couple of things i have read is that the OS power specs are a bit high and that the kv is a bit low.

Taking all this into account, my gut feeling is that the OS should be able to fly The Beast reasonably well. The cost of the OS is reasonable as well, so if i went this way and then changed to the E flite it isn't too much cost.

I was just looking at the Hacker range also.

As i like flying pattern, i would fly The Beast for both precision aerobatic flying and 3D.

It's all a bit confusing but i will get my head around it eventually.

Thanks
Scott