View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 05:43 PM
drube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Futaba Rx question

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

ORIGINAL: drube

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

If the manufacturer rates it for 6v, that means the voltage of a 6v NiCd. That comes 7.2v hot off the charger with no load. Lipo and Li-ion will go to 8.4 and 8.2, which is too high unless Futaba approves it. A 2 cell Life is only 7.4v at full charge, so it will be safe.
On the regulator, it's never a good idea to use one unless you have to since it introduces another failure point in the system. With good Life's on the market, there's no reason to go that route anyway.
I would like to stay away from using regulators but didn't know what my options were. So if I use a LiFe 1900mAh with the R617FS Rx and these Savox servos www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1258TG_Digital_Servo_p/savsc1258tg.htm I should be ok then? Sorry for the questions, i've only used Nicad and NiMH batteries.

Thanks

You will be fine using the LiFe pack. If you have a choice between 3C and 10C and you afford to carry the larger pack I would get the 10C.
The 1900mah 3C will provide 5.1 amps and the 10C will provide 19 amps. When using digital servos and if the demand on them is high it's best to have a higher amperage supply.

Thanks! Could the 10c also be used with anolog servos like the hi torque Hitec 645's?