RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Corsair ARF Disappeared.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
tlroliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Giant Corsair ARF Disappeared.

ORIGINAL: JKreitz

When I built mine, I noticed that for such a big plane, they sure made the area around the front of tank, really tight. I believe I just packed some extra foam up there to make sure the lines didn't pinch when I pushed the tank in. Probably have 15 - 20 flights on it and no problems. I really do love this plane, flies great and looks great in the air and on the ground. I really like the Robart Electric Retracts, they have worked flawlessly also, they seem to be pretty beefy too, as I don't always ''Grease'' those landings and they've taken everything I can throw at them. Have fun with it, you're going to like this plane.
John
I concur with jkreitz. He and I have have virtually identical set ups in our Corsairs and are having a blast this summer flying together and in bigger formations with other fellow warbird enthusiasts. No complaints from me and they have impressed the best and most experienced warbird pilots I know. Very stable and good presence in the air. Take your time, build it the best you can and you will have an airplane you can just gas up and fly. It has more than enough steam with the DLE-55 and I ended up with only about 1.5lb in the nose. I have been putting 4-8 flights or more per week on it with out any major issue beyond the normal new airplane shakedown stuff the first few flights. Just enjoy it! It's just a great airplane. As each weekend winds down I can hardly wait to fly it again

My graphics are from Bad Brad Graphics as well. The paint scheme is a ship flown by astronaut and senator John Glen as a Marine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46255.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1903120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28568.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1903121