RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant Corsair ARF Disappeared.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:41 PM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Giant Corsair ARF Disappeared.

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: SWORDSN

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

I added 1lb 14oz of lead with the DLE 55RA for the maiden flight and up until recently. I have since added working cowl flaps so I took off a few ounces to compensate.
I have a 12in scale pilot figure but I removed his feet to fit in the cockpit better. I have a saddle pack 3500mah LiPo for ignition on top of the engine and a 2100mah pack in the stock position about mid wing in the fuse.

I fly with a 22X10 or 22X8 but the best prop Ive tried was a 22.4X10 that I made from a Zinger 24X10. I rounded the tips and painted it black and yellow. The DLE really liked it and the engine had good temps and very positive performance all around. My cowl loosened in flight and rubbed the back of the prop so it was ruined... Watch your cowl hardware!

Most recently I tried a 22X6-10 and the DLE didnt like it. Lots of revs lots of noise but not enough bite or speed.
Thanks Chris, I guess the lipo pack on the engine is the difference. I will try to move the battery below the tank to reduce the weight required.It's hard to find room to mount 40 ozs. of lead.
I took advantage of the firewall space around the engine mount box. There are pockets there so on the bottom I made a simple plywood wall and stacked my weights there behind the wall. I inserted hardwood dowels into the balsa with epoxy to screw into them. That made the perfect weight compartment.
I moved the battery to the front below the tank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63625.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1905413