RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Prop Works Best On DLE20 On 65" Profile ?
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zacharyR
alright so i'll do a littel guessing here 20CC bipe i asume .. pheoix ? models ... never the less not vary much of a 3d plane .. really really not close to a profile that prop might work for that airplane becouse your really over powering it .. ? if its the 60 size nitro jobber ...this airframe probably doesnt spend mutch time punching out of slow flight you probably fly at speed.. considering its a horraible slow flyer .. but a profile something you want to hang acround you want to do water falls you want respunce in a roller and in a KE fade .. that prop is alot of load consider yourself you say on a DLE 30 you run a 18/8 witch is a littel small for that motor but a 18x8 is really close to a 18x6 and 20cc and 30cc is really far away from each other on power table ...

I'm just getting at here is your really out of context of the thread .. hes flying a profile and he's posting in the 3d forum so one would think hes into 3D .. only good thing i can think of a 18x6 is you'll have great breaking on downline stuff and you'll have less top end speed so if your trying to get ride of chance flutter and blowing the tail off that profile then go fo rit .. but its alot of prop load for a dle 20 . 17x6 you'll have more perky top end and spooil

but either prop would work just try some stuff out I persoanly think 17B would be a nice match

I like 19B on DLE 30 and thats a 3d airframe
I'll just say that the ultimate, neither 60 sized nor a phoenix, balanced properly is a reasonably fine 3D ship if you want it to be. Has a GIANT rudder for it's size, has a GIANT elevator for it's size, but it does weigh almost 11lbs. And even if you compare the 11lb Ultimate flying sporty (with very impressive vertical performance) versus a 6 or 7lb profile, if the 18x6 works well on the porky Ultimate, has great vertical, can pull out of a hover, I just have to think the 18x6 on the same engine must be very spirited on a 4 or 5 POUND lighter airframe with a much lower coefficient of drag than a bipe.

But we'll know for sure next week.