RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM 50CC with DLE-55R engine heating problems
Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 AM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My camera is not working, but just picture the whole bottom of the cowl cut from the front to the firewall , with the head completely exposed . The cool air has nowhere to go but through the fins and also around it. The rear muffler covers the rear carb. , so you have a a hot muffle right next to the carb. The carb is trying to suck cool air into it and there is no way for any cool air to get to the carb from the bottom. So now I cut a hole in the top of the cowl and bent a piece of aluminum to make an air scope to suck cool air straight to the carb. Next I will cut out the front 3 exhaust stacks on both sides to let hot air trapped around the crankshaft to let some hot air out around the crank case. If this does not work then I will have to use a different engine setup. I will use something with a side exhaust and carb or a side exhaust and rear carb. I hope this gives you a picture in your head. But for now I will have an ugly airscope on top of the cowl that screws up the looks of the Spitfire.