RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot and Instrument panel
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Yes the individual maneuvers are taken from the IAC catalog but the combinations are not. Take the current unlimited sequence. 10 snap rolls, some maneuvers have 2 snaps. I'm not sure they do that in the IAC. Difficult to say for sure as you need to be an IAC member to view their sequences. IMAC snap rolls are very different then full scale as well. We tend to do them very fast and shallow compared to full scale. Back when I was more active it seemed as the majority of the guys on the sequence committee were not active competitors. The last contest I attended and the one that started my pull from IMAC was my first contest in unlimited and it was the first contest of the season. In the unknown there was a hammerhead with an outbound inverted cross box exit at the right end of the box followed by an immelman to upright negitive snap coming back in cross box to 1 3/4 spin. I personally felt that was a bit much of an unknown for the first contest of the season. Keep in mind I described but two maneuvers in a sequence of 10.