RCU Forums - View Single Post - Issue swapping crystals from futaba 4ex to Hitec optic 6
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carl24bpool
Wow this gets complicated.

So if I use a hitec crystal in my hitec tx and a futaba in my futaba rx andd both are for hte same channel then it will work??

Does it matter that the Hitec is dual conversion but the Futaba isn't?
OK yes it is a little complicated

Eg.on say channel 70

For the Hitec Tx there is only one 70 crystal and it has to be Hitec 70 tx

Now for either make of Rx there are two types single conversion and dual conversion so there are TWO possible crystals 70 sc and 70 dc. BUT again Futaba or Hitec.making 4 possible 70 crystals. Just match the crystal to the make and conversion type.

Your Hitec Tx with a Hitec 70 crystal will work just fine with a Futaba rx with the appropriate Futaba 70 rx crystal.

It is quite legal for you to change crystals in the UK. You do not need to retune.

I flew for many years in the UK doing this. BUT you should carry out a range check before flying the first time with any new setup.. With only one section of the Tx aerial extended you should get 100ft ground range minimum.

I used a Futaba Tx with a range of receivers both sc and dc. Of the cheaper smaller options I had good service from the GWS dc rx even in very high threat environments.like 20 up Zagi combat.

I hope this helps and come back if I did not make it clear.

Last edited by j.duncker; 08-26-2013 at 07:05 PM.