RCU Forums - View Single Post - AGM30 Gas engine
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 AM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
J301
Looking at your pics again I agree with AGMUSA you are checking the timing on the wrong side of the sensor, you can get the RCexl buzzer to work both sides and also generate a spark by hand on both sides depending on how you turn the prop, but in normal operation the ignition unit only generates a spark as the magnet leaves the pickup not as it enters.
I see what you are saying, unfortunately for me my tester didn't come with any information so I was using the video and assuming the tester was lighting up at the same time the spark would fire. In a way its true as I have noticed the tool and the plug will fire both as the magnet comes to and leaves the pickup. I don't know whats changed since the video, but I notice you cant "go slow" or you will get, in this case, three to four "sparks" while passing faster results in one spark as the magnet leaves the sensor. Lesson learned on that part, which is both good and bad news. Now that the timing issue is not an issue, I have to find out what the issue is with this motor not running. Going to have to go back to the carb theory. The good news is that the AMG people seem to be responsive and willing to stand by the product, and I am still optimistic about the motor, and hopeful it works out. I have ordered a new NGK plug though, as the stock one is likely just like the DLE ones that need to be changed, but that's to be expected with just about any motor, other then DA's I guess.