RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why don't many people build RC airplane kits anymore? Part II
Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still a firm believer that in general ( and there are some exceptions ) kits fly better. I've flown a number of ARF's over the years and while they go up in the air and move around in response to your control inputs.. they are missing a certain "je ne sais quoi". I've just never found one that I truly loved how they have flown once up in the air. My brother seems to love them. For me I don't get it. Probably just silly bias on my end.
[h=3][/h]- ARF's hurt less when you crash them, its just your wallet, not so much your time. Which encourages you to push the envelope, and can help to make you a better pilot....
- I think the hobbies main focus has shifted a bit. It used to be primarily about the build, the flying was a bonus, now its about the flying and the building can be a nuisance. For those that just want to fly, ARF's provide this.

Me? I'm 35, I love to build, always have, like flying too... If there was a way I could skip the covering part I'd be happiest. let me glue it together, someone else covers it, and I'll go fly. j/k