RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contest Director and problem flyer
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

I for one think you did the correct thing. We are at a time when the R/C community are being looked at very carefully. Drones and GPS guided aircraft are popping up all over the place. We can't afford people being irresponsible and causing injury to others. I say hold your ground and simply state what was done was in the sake of safety. It is always more difficult to correct a situation after it has happened. I would suggest that in future events have a pilots meeting before the flying starts and explain your safety expectations to the participating pilots including that at no time will a pilot fly directly towards the audience and establish a dead line ( usually the far edge of the runway ) and if someone crosses that deadline at any time he is instructed to land. Appoint a flight boss or better yet a few of them that can take 2 hour shifts. His job is to let guys know when they can taxi out to the runway, assist in landings and keep an eye out for safety violations. Once guys know what they can't do at an event it's easier to remind them.