RCU Forums - View Single Post - roto fuel tank
Thread: roto fuel tank
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 PM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KW_Counter
I rarely pay any attention to anyone's advice on an item they've never used before.
They simply aren't qualified to give the advice.
An opinion, yes; advice, no.
I never said anything good or bad about rotoflow tanks. I gave advice on standard tanks and that advice is set them up properly and you will never have the issues that rotoflow claims to cure, other that the possible clunk stuck forward. I've used Dubro, Sullivan and even gone crazy and spent big bucks on Tetra (almost double the price of a standard tank but still half the cost of a rotoflow) for a couple YS engines. If people want to use rotoflow, go for it, it's not my money.

Bob, I did get a chuckle out of your "gremlin issues" reference. As soon as I read it I pictured the worst offender at my field who shows up without his radio programmed, without servos set up, control surfaces and throttle operating in the reverse direction, and all he can think about is "how soon can I take off" regardless of the issues. I've watched him take 15-20 trips from the starting bench to the taxiway trying to get the plane to the runway before the engine dies instead of taking a few minutes to adjust it or figure out why it's not running. Who knows, maybe his clunk was stuck!