RCU Forums - View Single Post - AVOID THESE ARF's AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 PM
handeman71
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernie Misner
Interesting. Is this the replacement series for the venerable 4*40, 4*60, etc? I was wondering how they were. That is sad, thanks foir sharing. Which one did you try?
Had several of their earlier ones and got rid of them NIB. However, had 4 star120 and wing just snapped in level flight. Never put it under sever load. Wood was really soft and joints barely made contact with a lot of spars. (They offered to replace it, (didn't have any in stock though, and didn't want it) but made a deal for two kits instead, however, what about when you damage an engine and radio gear. They don't replace that.) Have red kadet senior ARF. Entire firewall fell out with first very light nose wheel first landing. Would have never withstood a beginners landings. And a lot of the sticks broke loose over time toward the back. Have heard a lot of complaints about the earlier arfs that were discontinued. They recalled the wings on the sukhoi they had for bad wood. Anyway, had brown out or something with DSM2 spectrum on kadet on 4th of July and damaged wing. They said they were on order but had no idea when they would get them. Then they said August, then Sept., now November. I don't think they ever do any trips to their supplier to check quality control. As I mentioned, don't think they will be around much longer. My family lives near there and I occasionally attend their annual fun fly. Attendance has shrunk to nearly nothing but locals. When Hazel ran it, it was an enormous turn out. (I am sure fuel prices have something to do with it also though)