RCU Forums - View Single Post - umx p51 d as3x turning left
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 AM
andybenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default umx p51 d as3x turning left

Well for starters, hi all and thanks for taking the time to read/respond. I hope I posted this in the correct place, if not I'm sure a mod will be along to help me relocate.

i e been flying the little mustang for some time now, it's my first low wing aircraft, long story short...

While practicing some low fly bys and final approaches I was caught by a gust of wind and pushed into a fence, upon inspection everything appeared to be find, I reset on the runway, preflight checklist looked good, and took off again. This time I tried an inverted flyby. Much to my dismay I dumb thumbed it straight into the dirt...

after a few hours work of epoxying 2 small sheets of Depron into the nose just behind the motor, everything was stiffened up nicely again.

no to the root of my problem, when I fly the plane it constantly turns left as if I was giving it rudder input, it takes one or two clicks less than full trim to get her straightened out, and I fear I may have disturbed the thrust angle of the motor when I straightened her nose back out. I checked all linkages and hinges. And with the rudder centered, still turns left, I'm not sure how to go about trouble shooting this or fixing it
Italy advice would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch

andy