RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Blink riseth..
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who else takes 6 months to drill mounting holes in a Blink and sand a 1" sq block of balsa?

Actually I spent all season finishing a 1:1 project and have now managed to grab a breath and look at something else..

I made a short stubby 22cc bladder using what is really intended as bladder material for F2D, and a plastic adapter, all housed in a film can rear and some obscure plastic cap (I save these things) for the front, and they telescope together snugly. I decided to fair it in with some balsa and qwikfair epoxy.

I rebuilt the motor mount to add some rigidity, by filling the old holes with filled epoxy, then epoxying on a hardwood doubler beneath the mounting plate, and contouring it to match the airfoil. Then I drilled new mounting holes and added 2-56 blind nuts on the bottom.

Oh yeah, since the earlier post I pulled out the VA and here I have fitted a Profi Rambler .049. That ought to pull it along a bit better. I have been asking about the tuned pipe version but still wasn't available last time I asked. This will have to do.

I ripped out the HS-55 servos and am gluing in HS-65HB's instead, turns out they fit in this thing.. cool. Then a 2.4 Rx instead of the Berg 72mHz I used before, and a 200mAh battery (and spares in the kit).

Should be sanded up and the nose repainted in 2-3 days. It is getting a little battle worn, but the bones are still sound.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1921485   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1921486