RCU Forums - View Single Post - As a CD at an event would you consider grounding an air frame proven to be unsafe
Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I think there are a lot of depends here, if this model had not been modified to address the known issue I say its okay. If not then its probably a good idea but are we going to start banning people that don't fly so good and make some bad landings or crash all the time. As for the larger stuff like mine if the individual had the model properly inspected and test flown like they should by an AMA certified inspector then I say they should be allowed to fly. Its on the owner/AMA at that point anyway since AMA signed off on the jet as well. Just my opinion, this topic is a double edge sword either way you look at it. I am a CD and I would follow the rules AMA has set forth to guide these type of events. Interesting to here from all the CDs out there, remember you have to take personal emotions out of the equation. I think every situation would have to be looked at, not just mass punishment.

Last edited by FenderBean; 09-24-2013 at 04:24 PM.