RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox 09
Thread: Cox 09
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM
andybenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First and foremost thank you for the condolences, so far both are stable, however both were major and both suffered damage. We're waiting for further info...

on to the mother load lol. I had a feeling I was doing well with this deal. The owner of the shop isn't interested in continuing with rc anymore and liquidated his inventory of any and all things rc. I was just I. The right place at the right time. I miss identified the .010s. 2 are tee dees, with the large plastic red tank. The other two are baby bees I suppose and have the red anodized tanks. Unfortunately I am lacking on fuel at the moment and only had some home brew 20 percent nitro and what I remember to be something like 16-18 percent castor oil, but I did get one of the baby bees running. Ran well considering the poor little thing was turning a 4x3 on 20 percent nitro!

Thanks for the info on the 09 performance, I suppose I'll continue looking for a plane to suit the engine. Although I may very well still put her on the Mach none and just be happy. As soon I get the parts I'll bench test. Gotta dig up a tach. And some more props.

As as for the tens. I'm thinking about a nice scratchbuilt glider design. There's a lot going on for linear servos now, and I think if would be a really nice project to cobble something together for one.

the two 049s will find their respective homes soon also, I've got an old glider that I don't have an id on, but it takes a standard 049, as for the pull start model, I've got a set of plans for a shovel nose hydro that is just begging for 1/2a glow power. (Boats are my other weakness)

thanks again best reguards
andy