RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini F-16 vintage project consideration
Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RickP
Well Hey, Thanks for the comments guys. It just goes to show it really doesn't matter what is on the other end of the transmitter - we are all addicted just the same LOL. please, don't call it pattern though LOL, IMAC is a different Genre and I don't want those guys to get the wrong idea ;-) We aren't done here - we will do some bench testing of the fans this fall and see what's what.... RP
You're welcome, Rick. AFAIK, the original flew okay but compared with today's standards, it wasn't a hot performing airplane, just unique. With the newer electric and efficient ducted fan systems and high capacity batteries, one could probably make that F-16 really haul, but I don't think that is what this is about. I see a bit of history in the making.

Recently I peaked the curiosity of the MADS R/C Club members here in Clovis NM, when I showed up with an "ancient" 40" span Sureflite Cessna 180 foam job with a 1966 Enya .09-III TV and .09-.19 universal Tatone Peace Pipe muffler. The younger were unfamiliar with the engine, to which I explained. It hauled the plane through the sky really well. (Just a trifle bit nose heavy though, fairly fast and steep glide, will have to relocate servos surface mount to back and move receiver battery pack to balance. ) As an older baffle piston, it sips fuel from the 1 oz. tank and requires wider or larger props to keep in its lower RPM power range. I used an NOS TF 7x6 wood prop. Moves along like your plain bearing sport Schneurle .09's, .10's with 7x4 prop.

Looking forward to your tweaks to hone this F-16 further.