RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba FASST receivers
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnShe
TimBle; Thanks for the long answer. It is interesting that they are saying it at a toyfair but not on their website. I don't know what to think. I plan to keep my 7C for a while so I snapped up two more receivers at the good price from Tower. I also get a discount on purchases plus free shipping so it's a good deal.

John, what a rep is willing to sahre and what a corporate marketing strategy says may not align in the short term. No company is going to tell its market "hey this is being discontinued".
that would just create outrage from modellers.The tactics is to get youhooked on newer more exciting technology and quietly withdraw the old tech stuff. Thats whats current;y happening. Once S.bus 2 is completely rolled out with servo's that send data back to the tx and a full telemetry suite, not many will interested in buying FASST. Sure there will still be units available but as with any echnology company, they only produce what is current tech and in numbers that provides a lifecycle as determined by the marketers. Teh days of RC Tech staying unchanged for a decade is long gone.