RCU Forums - View Single Post - Galloping Ghost reproductions availlable
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 PM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photos of GG stuff

Here are some photos of Controlaire and Hallco systems, LR-3 and Rand Pak LR-3 actuators, and a shot of the reproduction receiver,GG Pak switcher and decoder for a Dual Pak

I plan to release a new version of the receiver as soon as flight testing is complete. It's the same as the other previous versions, but has more filtering, better traces near the crystal to they won't break should it get bumped, and now there will be 4 versions of the board, each specifically laid out for that particular model. In the past, I simply modified the board for the other two versions. Crist Rigotti has graciously helped me in laying out and fabricating all of them including a 4th version which will include the Rand GG switcher on the receiver board. This then will be used for adding a switcher to the old non-switcher equipped Rand LR-3s, thereby upgrading them. The original LR-3s were made to be used with a relay type receiver, and used a heavy 4 cell center tapped battery to power it, and two more batteries to power the receiver. The upgrade eliminates the need for a second battery pack, and everything runs of 3 AA NiCad cells, making it much lighter. For those with a relayless receiver, and an old black base Rand LR-3(no switcher) I offer the switcher separately. I offer the GG-1 receiver to work with Rand GG-Pak, and Dual Pak actuators, and the decoder and switcher assemblies separately for replacement or upgrade of Rand Actuators.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ghost systems.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1932094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dorf Rand 1a.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1932101