RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho 1:8 scale, What are the best mods?
Old 09-27-2003, 02:11 AM
Jitters
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho 1:8 scale, What are the best mods?

OK, I got you all beat, I'm 52 years old and definitely not a kid. But I love bikes, cafe racers especially (in real life). I really want to get an RC bike or 2. I looked at the Nouvo Faor, it looks pretty realistic but has only a .15 engine. I looked at the Pumilio Design bike and a .21 fits in there but the bike doesn't look realistic. I don't know much about TT except for the EK4S2 truck that I own. Workmanship is so-so.
As far as electric models in general, the only ones I have are the Tamiya F-1's, all my other cars, buggies and trucks are nitro.
So this begs the question... where can I go for a realistic looking bike? Building complex kits is my passion. Built 8 helicopters so far and innumerable cars/trucks. I'm not too familiar with the working of eBay, and I haven't seen any good close photos of the Thunder Tiger bike. I don't know if I want gas or electric. Rumors have it that the Italian bike is no longer being made and the Finnish bike (Pumilio) is way too expensive ($700+ shipping).
Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks for your time in reading this post!