RCU Forums - View Single Post - FORA / CYCLON .15 powered speed plane
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would go for the Fora or Profi before the Axial or most of the dune buggy ones with the exception of the Novarossi. A new .28 is only $125, and I think the .15 might be too. A pipe is better on those though. Like CP says, it can be a hassle. I flew F2A a long time ago, and the lines do slow you down a lot. They had 52 ft, now it is 60 ft. The AMA speed rules always go to larger and/or longer lines every time 200 mph is the new record. I like the control line because of the accurate measurement of speed. RC and a radar can be fooled with a dive. There is also the fact that I can't fly RC safely at those speeds. I think the F2D Proto Speed planes are going a bit over 100 mph in the north west, but haven't seen many times published. I think a 5 or 6" with a 6" pitch would work. The F2D combat prop I have is 6.2 - 5" but very thin and narrow. I think a speed plane needs pitch just in case it hooks up. The old A Speed planes used a 6-7 normally. They had a lot of nitro allowed, so now things would have to rev higher to get the speed. If using a Fora or whatever, you could cheat with the venturi size too. They only allow 4 mm intake and 6mm on the muffler

Last edited by aspeed; 11-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.