RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why do they hate DLG?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 07:43 AM
siberianhusky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy most aspects of rc modeling, been at it since I was a young teen.
I`ve seen this type of thing many times, not trying to be offensive but when somebody shows up with something that doesn't fit in with what everybody else is playing with you can't really get upset if they don't let you play.
First time I saw this was when I was racing 1/12 scale on road carpet cars, guy showed up with a 1/10 scale buggy with knobby tires, didn't want to listen to the fact that we run smooth tired cars on carpet, Couldn't really take the risk of him damaging the carpet in a rented space.
I'm most active in electric boat racing, used to be nitro but we lost our running spot due to noise. If a nitro boater showed up I'm sorry to say we wouldn't let him run. Don't want to lose another spot due to noise complaints.
I'm not much of a pilot yet, not even sure what aspect of flying I like more, but I do know I wouldn't bring or my heli or glider to the local flying club, I don't expect them to change the rules for me, I find other places to fly those models. To be honest I usually fly everything alone at a good friends farm, few hundred acres with nothing but the odd cow to hit and some trees along the fence lines.....I just really enjoy the relaxation of being out in the country early in the morning alone, no worries about my lack of skills interfering with others fun.
LOL 6 boats doing 60 mph around a 1/6 mile oval is NOT relaxing, a pile of fun, hands shaking, knees trembling excitement.....
Not saying you are guilty of any of these behaviors, quite the opposite actually. But some people seem the think the world revolves around them and the sun does shine out their butt! They just think the have the right to do whatever they want and really don't care how the repercussions effect everybody else.
Heli pilots killing themselves accidently, the current stuff surrounding FPV flying, a couple years ago a kid was impaled and killed by an rc boat, guy was running it at a public swimming area....
Sad.